TERRITORIAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
- Learn an integrated approach to territorial development management; offer possible models of social, economic and environmental sustainability, become familiar with the best international and Russian practices.
- Understand city and territorial planning and the role of various stakeholders, including municipalities, planners, businesses, developers, local communities, citizens, social employees, experts, and analysts.
- Based on their own project,develop a territorial development strategy including spatial, economic, environmental, and social aspects and understand the methods of its implementation.
- Establish business and creative connections between managers and planners in order to jointly implement territorial development programmes.
Apart from management skills, the students will gain new competencies in spatial planning, architecture and public art:
- Ability to creatively envision the future of the territory, including its spatial, landscape, environmental, economic and other dimensions.
- Ability to critically assess the opportunities and prospects for local development.
- Understand the role of social initiatives, architecture, art, media, natural resources in territorial development.
- Understand the processes and tools for spatial planning in modern Russian and international practices.
- Learn to develop terms of referencefor strategies of urban and territorial development and other related documents.
- Ability to structure and implement their initiatives.